Quarantine Day 34, well at least for my house.
It may be different where you are. You may have started Quarantine earlier because you live in a more populated area, you may have started later because you’re an essential worker or maybe your job didn’t take the threat serious enough and gambled their employees health over profits (yes, I’m looking at you Hobby Lobby). Whatever your current status is, one thing is certainly the same for all of us… Shit is scary.
I’ll be the first one to admit I didn’t think I would ever see the ENTIRE PLANET at a total standstill and it’s frightening. We don’t know what the future holds, we don’t know when this will be over and when we can get back to ‘normal’. We don’t even know what the new normal will look like, but what we do know is that we’re worried, bored out of our minds and nearly out of things to watch on Netflix. So I say we take some time to create a space for ourselves to recenter, gather our thoughts and focus on the things we are thankful for. Trust me, you’ll feel a lot better.
- Find somewhere quiet to sit or lie down
- Close your eyes and place your arms by your sides, palms facing up.
- Take several deep breaths in and out, as you do so focus on relaxing your body starting at your head and working down to your toes.
Inhale deeply, relax the muscles in your face
Inhale deeply, relax the muscles in your jaw
Inhale deeply, relax the muscles in your shoulders…
and so on until your entire body is completely relaxed.
- Now that you are relaxed physically, relax your mind.
Continue your steady deep breaths.
Let go of all of your anxious energy and worries, imagine them leaving your body with each deep exhale.
- Your body is relaxed and your mind is clear of all negative energies, so now is the time to fill them back up with positive intention.
- As you draw in each deep inhale, think of something you are thankful for, let it fill you with its warmth and exhale gratitude.
- Continue to fill yourself with 10 good things, or until you are ready to slowly open your eyes.
- Now stand, stretch, and say ‘Thank You’ to YOURSELF for allowing the time in your day for self care.
It’s important to take care of our physical, mental and spiritual health and I’m so thankful that you took the time today to do a little self care!
Try doing this at least once a week, you can even pair it with some soft music, a nice cup of tea (or wine, no judgement here) and make this your own special time of reflection and Sacred Space, you deserve it.
May your days be Blessed & full of light and love,